"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes" (Romans 1:16)
"I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts to make artistic designs" (Exodus 31:3,4)
Objective: Develop drawing skills and learn to use them to present the good news about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way
Course Description: This workshop consists of eight 4-hour sessions for a total of 32 hours. The first two hours of each session consists of learning to communicate the basics of the Christian faith clearly. The last two hours consist of learning basic drawing skills.
Text: You Will Be My Witness by Warrior Richardson
Upon successful completion of the workshop participants will be able to (at a basic level):
• Apply the principles and elements of design
• Create the illusion of depth and volume using perspective, shading, overlapping, etc.
• Depict emotion using facial expressions, body language, color, etc.
• Render, realistically, what he/she sees
• Create abstractions and caricatures of what he/she sees
• Depict sequential events, on paper
• Clearly and succinctly describe his/her conversion
• Explain exactly what saving faith is in simple terms
• Explain why everyone who gets saved does so through Jesus Christ
• Explain the compatibility of saving faith and reason